Warning: This is a story that includes information about a suicide attempt. If you or someone you know is thinking about self-harm, contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or at suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Drew Robinson, the Giants’ minor league outfielder who lost his right eye during a suicide attempt last year, continued his remarkable comeback by hitting a home run for the Triple-A Sacramento RiverCats on Tuesday night.

Playing in front of friends and family in his hometown of Las Vegas, the 29-year-old Robinson launched a solo home run to overshadowed anything else that happened during the RiverCats’ fourth straight loss to the Aviators, an A’s affiliate.

It was just a bonus that Robinson’s second-inning drive off Matt Milburn landed far over right fielder Chad Pinder’s head and into the bullpen to become part of a RiverCats’ team-record four home runs in the inning.

Robinson’s homer in the 10-7 loss showed perhaps his improbable bid to return to the major leagues may not be impossible. Could he really become the first position player in MLB history to appear in a game after losing an eye?

“There’s going to be a pretty big learning curve with this,” Robinson told ESPN before getting two hits Tuesday to boost his average to .188 after six games. “And it’s going to be really uncomfortable and really challenging.

“I’m trying to understand what I’m doing is really hard. Even when I had two eyes, baseball was hard. I also don’t want to be a charity case. I’m trying to prove I deserve this spot. Trying to find that middle ground of appreciating things when they’re going wrong but trying to take advantage of this incredible opportunity.”

Robinson’s focus since trying to take his own life in Las Vegas on April 16, 2020 hasn’t been entirely on baseball. He’s helped destigmatize mental health and he’s been a strong advocate for those also suffering from depression.

“I still have a lot of work to do, I’d say,” Robinson said in an interview with KLAS-TV. “I know that this is like a never-ending battle with some dark thoughts, but I’ve come so far in 13 months, so it just excites me.”

The Giants and manager Gabe Kapler have been incredibly supportive of Robinson, whom San Francisco signed to a minor league deal months before his suicide attempt.

“I’m super proud of the perseverance, the drive and the determination … I’m really excited for him, happy for him and always here to support Drew,” Kapler told reporters last week.

Robinson’s first week back has certainly had its challenges at the plate — he’s struck out 10 times in his first 16 at-bats. But his home run and a double off the wall later in the game provided some optimism.

The odds still remain long, but considering what Robinson has already overcome just to play at the top level of minor league baseball, it’s hard to count him out.

“My first games back, after everything that’s happened, are at home in front of all the people that got me through my incident and this last year as a whole? It feels like I’m living out a movie.”

And who isn’t rooting for a feel-good Hollywood ending?